Admission Arrangements to Main School 2016-2017
Admissions are arranged through Stockton’s Co-ordinated Admissions Arrangements and parents/carers need to complete a “Common Application Form”.
STOCKTON’S ADMISSIONS POLICY FOR 2016-2017
Admission policy for community schools and voluntary-controlled schools
1 Pupils who are in the care of the local authority.
2 Pupils who need specialist provision due to their complex needs.
3 Primary pupils who have a brother or sister at the school when the pupil begins, where the parent requested a place at the admission zone school for their older sibling but the LA were not able to offer a place to the older sibling at that school.
(This applies to parents of primary aged children who, in the main round of admissions in respect of the older sibling, put the admission zone school as a 1st preference on the form provided by the LA and returned it on time).
4 Pupils who live within the school admission zone for whom the LA has received an application form by the stipulated date.
5 Pupils who have a brother or sister living at the same address and are still at the school when they will start school.
6 Pupils who have social or medical reasons for being admitted to the school, which would, should the child not be admitted, cause him or her to be seriously disadvantaged or put their personal safety at risk.
7 Pupils who attend the nursery of the school they wish to attend on a full time basis.
8 Pupils who live closest to the school measured in a straight line (as the crow flies). This will be measured electronically from a centre point of the school to a centre point of the home.
If there are more preferences from pupils living within the admission zone than there are places available, the LA will give priority to the children who fall into that category in line with the rest of the conditions in the following order:
# pupils who have brothers or sisters at the school;
# pupils with social or medical reasons for attending the school;
# pupils attending nursery
# pupils who live nearest the school.
You can apply on-line at www.stockton.gov.uk/schooladmissions
For the academic year 2016-2017, our admission limit to Reception is 90. Other year groups vary.
When it is not possible to comply with parental preferences, parents may appeal to an Independent Appeal Committee.
Admission to Reception Classes
Children will be admitted to Main School, (full time) in September 2016 if their date of birth falls between 1st September 2011 and 31st August 2012.
A meeting for new parents will be arranged with staff in the term before your child begins school.
Admission to Nursery
We have provision for 26 children to attend either morning or afternoon nursery for 4 and 3 year olds. From January 2017, we are also offering 52 flexible places offering two and a half days. Parents are invited to put their child’s name on the waiting list.
Our Governors reviewed our admissions policy to Nursery and we follow Stockton’s policy when offering places.
Priority is given to 4 year olds who are:
1. Resident within the admission zone of the school;
2. Not resident in the admission zone of the school and for whom it has not been possible/appropriate to allocate a place at their admission zone school and the school for which the parent is applying is deemed appropriate;
3. Not resident in the admission zone of the school but have a sibling attending the school at the time they take their place in nursery.
Where there are vacancies remaining, up to the set admission number of 39 full time equivalent places, places will be allocated in the following order of priorities for 3 year old children who are:
- Resident in the admission zone of the school and are deemed to have exceptional circumstance. This includes special educational needs;
- Not resident in the admission zone of the school and deemed to have exceptional circumstance. This includes special educational needs;
- Resident in the admission zone and have a sibling attending the school at the time they take their place in nursery;
- Not resident in the admission zone and have a sibling attending the school at the time they take their place in nursery;
- Resident in the admission zone of the school;
- Not resident in the admission zone of the school.